Thursday, October 22, 2009

Density Lab

The density lab that we did was an introduction into science and to learn how to use the advanced equipment that we will use in the future. This lab also helped us understand how to work with variables in science, for the rest of our labs will also use variables and expiramenting to solve them. From the observations that I made from the lab, I concluded that liquids with high viscosity would have more mass and a greater weight. We also learned many important vocab words that are key terms in all of science.They were as follows:
  • Matter
  • Mass
  • Density
  • Volume
  • Weight
  • etc.
We also learned the way to handle teamwork and be a part of the group. I thought that the lab was fun and interesting compared to last year. We got to test variables, we had to think and we were having fun all at the same time. It is also really messy work and possibily dangerous work that scientists do, and being in thier shoes makes me feel very grown up and maybe even helpful to the world in the future. Being able to help our world in a scientific way is my goal and since science has interested me from day one, it does'nt seem like a big job. I already have many ideas that might help the earth and even destroy big issues like global warming. With the basics and correct knowledge, anyone can do anything. This lab especially, taught me to be able to handle instruments and learn the basics before attempting to go too far and too fast in your work. All in all, I think science is one of the best subjects and the center of the great new technologicol inventions we have. Doing simple labs and others like this in school will help me fulfill my dream of being able to help the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment